Volunteer with CWEALF!
Donating your time is a vital contribution to our organization. We have volunteer opportunities available on our Information and Referral (I&R) line, and in a wide variety of special projects including communications and marketing, staffing events, and general office support.
Who are our volunteers?
- People who want to actively participate in supporting women, girls & their families
- People who are non-judgmental and accepting
- People who respect a diverse work environment
How much time would I be expected to volunteer?
That depends on you, your availability and your interests. Volunteers are typically needed Monday-Friday during 9-5 business hours.
What type of work do volunteers do?
There are different ways you can help CWEALF make a difference! Examples include answering our Information & Referral (I&R), creating graphic designs, or helping at events.
CWEALF volunteers should have strong communication, writing and computer skills. Volunteers are expected to demonstrate general work-related skills such as punctuality, responsibility, and thoroughness.
How do I get started?
View our volunteer opportunities below and download and complete CWEALF's Volunteer Form. Once you download the form and submit via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (860) 524-0705
- Mail: CWEALF, 75 Charter Oak Avenue, Suite 1-300, Hartford, CT 06106
Information and Referral Volunteers
Want to make a difference in the lives of people in your community? CWEALF seeks passionate volunteers to staff our Information and Referral (I&R) line. Our Information & Referral program is a unique service that works to guarantee equal access to justice for all Connecticut residents. Trained volunteers answer calls and emails to provide clients with free legal information on primarily family law and employment discrimination, as well as attorney and community agency referrals.
I&R volunteers receive in-depth training and are thus are asked to commit to at least six months of service.
- Answering telephone calls and email inquiries regarding legal matters
- Collecting demographics and inputting data into our online software system
- A minimum commitment of six months
- Must be available for two to four hour shifts between Mondays-Fridays, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Compassionate and ability to work with diverse populations
- Spanish speakers a plus
CWEALF has several volunteer opportunities throughout the year. If you are looking for shorter-term opportunities, please submit a completed volunteer form to Denise Rhone at email@example.com to learn what is available and how you can get involved.
Questions? Contact, Denise Rhone, Legal Education Manager at 860.610.6049 or firstname.lastname@example.org.