Volunteer with CWEALF!
Donating your time is a vital contribution to our organization. We have volunteer opportunities available on our Information and Referral (I&R) line, and in a wide variety of special projects including communications and marketing, staffing events, and general office support.
Who are our volunteers?
- People who want to actively participate in supporting women, girls & their families
- People who are non-judgmental and accepting
- People who respect a diverse work environment
How much time would I be expected to volunteer?
That depends on you, your availability and your interests. Volunteers are typically needed Monday-Friday during 9-5 business hours.
What type of work do volunteers do?
CWEALF volunteers should have strong communication, writing and computer skills. Volunteers are expected to demonstrate general work-related skills such as punctuality, responsibility, and thoroughness.
How do I get started?
View our volunteer opportunities below and download and complete the Volunteer Information Form. Once you download the form and submit via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (860) 524-0705
- Mail: CWEALF, One Hartford Square West, Suite 1-300, Hartford, CT 06106
CWEALF needs volunteers for our upcoming Girls & STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) Expos. Middle and high school girls attend Expos and participate in hands-on STEM activities with female role models to expose them to careers in STEM. Volunteers help CWEALF set up for activities, distribute materials and t-shirts, and help us make sure the Expos run smoothly!
Join the CWEALF team to help us foster a life-long love of STEM learning! Contact Brenna Doyle at email@example.com to learn more and sign up!
2017 Girls & STEM Expo Dates:
Friday, April 21st at Central Connecticut State University, New Britain
Friday, April 28th at Naugatuck Valley Community College, Waterbury
Friday, June 2nd at Mitchell College, New London
Information and Referral Volunteers
Want to make a difference in the lives of people in your community? CWEALF seeks passionate volunteers to staff our Information and Referral (I&R) line. Our Information & Referral program is a unique service that works to guarantee equal access to justice for all Connecticut residents. Trained volunteers answer calls and emails to provide clients with free legal information on primarily family law and employment discrimination, as well as attorney and community agency referrals.
I&R volunteers receive in-depth training and are thus are asked to commit to at least six months of service.
- Answering telephone calls and email inquiries regarding legal matters
- Collecting demographics and inputting data into our online software system
- A minimum commitment of six months
- Must be available for two to four hour shifts between Mondays-Fridays, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Compassionate and ability to work with diverse populations
- Spanish speakers a plus
Questions? Contact, Denise Rhone, Legal Education and Outreach Coordinator at 860.610.6049 or firstname.lastname@example.org.